Copper Gutters: 5 Reasons You May Want to Consider Upgrading
When looking to install seamless gutters on your home, there are a variety of materials that are available to choose from. AA Gutter Services installs Aluminum, Galvanized Aluminum and Copper gutters. Why would somebody choose to install copper gutters on their home? Here are 5 reasons why a homeowner might want copper gutters.
- Copper Gutter Durability: Copper gutters can last for up to 50 years on average but could last even longer in some instances. Copper gutters are made to withstand changes in environments from extreme heat to intense rainstorms and strong winds without sustaining damage. The material is much thicker and heavier than aluminum gutters. For example, 1 lb of .027 gauge aluminum coil makes roughly 2 feet of gutter through a machine, whereas 1 lb of copper coil makes only 1 foot of gutter.
- Copper Gutter Aesthetic appeal: AA Gutter Services can install either 6” K Seamless, 7” K Seamless or 6” Half Round gutters in copper. Copper gutters offer a classy look and enhanced curb appeal. They can increase the value of your home. Over time, the gutters will acquire a greenish patina that will enhance the custom look achieved only by natural copper. Some homeowners use this as a statement piece on their home to stand out from the crowd. Copper gutters look better with age, whereas other gutters do not. See some specialty copper gutter accessories at one of our high end suppliers Rutland Gutter Supply.
- Copper gutters offer Low maintenance: Copper is resistant to corrosion, growth of moss, mold, mildew, and fungi. The natural patina that develops on a copper gutter also offers additional durability against extreme sources of heat. Due to their enhanced durability, there are far fewer gutter repairs.
- Copper is recyclable: unlike other materials, copper gutters are sustainable and eco-friendly. After your copper gutters have reached the end of their lifespan, the raw material can be recycled and repurposed into other useful items.
- Copper Gutters Add Value: Copper gutters demand a high market value due to the aforementioned attributes. The raw material is also quite expensive. If you plan to sell your property a few decades down the line, a copper gutter system will make the whole properly more marketable for future buyers and tenants due to their durability, look, and quality.
In summary, copper gutters will enhance the value of a home, provide a fantastic, customized look that will only get better with time. If you’re interested in a free consultation with one of our experts to see if a copper gutter system is a good fit for your home, please contact us to set up an estimate.